Saturday, October 20, 2007

A Call to Prayer

A Call to Prayer
2 Chronicles 7:14
if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

As God’s people, we must always seek our Lord’s heart first in all things. As is indicated in the above verse, we are called to humble ourselves, pray, and seek the face of the Lord. The Lord has promised his people that if they will do this, he will hear and he will respond. The Riverside Community Church is joining for 3-days of prayer Nov. 7th-to-10th. It is our desire to seek out God’s will pertaining to where Riverside is to have a home. But, we must first humble ourselves and make God’s Word have a home in our heart.

We believe that God desires for Riverside to be a people who serve the world around them and show God’s love through the act of selfless service. During this prayer we are seeking to align ourselves with God’s heart for our church. If we have God’s heart for the community, then God will put us where he desires us to be to serve the community.

Our intent is to seek God’s face thus allowing his Kingdom to break through. We are asking members of the Riverside to sign up for specific time periods through out the 72- hour period so that we will maintain a continuous and unbroken prayer chain for three days.

God will do powerful and amazing things for this Church when we seek him intentionally in continuous prayer. Please contact Cecily Breig @ 210-363-5516 to sign up for a time slot on our prayer list. Thank you and God Bless

1 comment:

  1. Jeremiah 6:16
    This is what the LORD says: "Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls.

    Acts 2:28
    You have made known to me the paths of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence.

    I prayer walked my hour. I felt lead the whole time. It began comfortably down my street. A street I drive everyday and walk at night often.

    Soon I was drawn a different way than usual. Instead of my regular route I was heading on a darker and lesser known way.

    At the end of the street was a culdesac. In the culdesac is a trail that leads to the neighborhood park. I found myself walking off the road, into the dark, and onto a small unfamiliar trail.

    I started to feel a little afraid. I couldn't see but a few feet in front of me and was pretty sure something in the dark wanted to eat me. My imagination went a little crazy. Looking back in the dark every few feet. Stopping to see if I heard something. Wondering why I came down here at all.

    Then I remembered I wasn't alone. That anything in the dark was much more afraid of my traveling companion than I could be of it. Emboldened the conversation began. It was honest, confused, and included some beseeching on behalf of our community.

    The dark wasn't frightening when I spent the time focusing on Jesus.

    I have leadings about property and middle places. I also know the ancient ways are for us to follow and they will give us rest. Finally, I know that who we are and who we become on the path is far more important to The Father than the promised land.

    Here are some images: - Mosaic Ministries
    - Original/ Singing Hills
    - City on a Hill
    - Anhalt
    - Pathway

    We shall see.

    SHEMA,
    Scott

    ReplyDelete