Wednesday, June 25, 2008

PRAYER FOR OUR CHILDREN

Posted by Jamie King
Happy children
© Photographer: Maszas | Agency: Dreamstime.com


Hello Father, 
I am sitting at your feet this morning asking for direction.
I long to be in your exact will and purpose.  Our children Lord, are on my
heart.  I see a culture that is not raising their children Lord. They are
afraid of messing them up, or tired from a hard weeks work, they are not
"kid" people, they are overwhelmed in their marriage, or they are
overwhelmed out of their marriage... How do I speak to that? 
It all seems so consuming Lord!  In the midst of it all sit children; scared, alone,
struggling, and hurting.  They need their mommies and they need their daddies,
but we are so consumed with other things.  I know you gave them to us
Father.  You entrusted each of them to us with purpose.  You knit them so
perfectly Lord in our bodies, even when it was not our plans.  How Lord do we
do this well? How do we honor your Kingdom in a way that you would say,
"Well done my good and faithful parent!"  
How Lord, can we love parents in a way that enables them to be who you are calling them to be for their children? Forgive me Lord when I have been judgmental or unsympathetic.  I am so blessed with a Godly husband and family.  Lord help us to all take a step back when we are moving too far into peoples homes, and have only been invited into the living room!  I pray Lord that you give us understanding. I also pray that we are merciful yet firm in your call to us as a community. How do we do that Lord? I cherish the fire you have given us to love these kids enough to not let their parents give up!  Help us to do that with love and an unfailing dedication to the heirs of Your Kingdom!
You are Holy and Magnificent!
Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment