Sunday, November 16, 2008

The "B" in Butterfly is for...Becoming






I pray, we, as parents would have the grace and guidance from the Father that when we look at our children, we won't see them as their sin.  Not that we don't discipline or correct them, but that we would realize that He is continually working and creating in their lives even when we only see ugliness or things we don't like (worms); that we would look beyond that and see them as He sees them; beautiful, colorful butterflies that are delightful to the eye. Being someone who has experienced firsthand, the devastation that a child's sin and rebellion can bring upon a family, I can honestly say that the Father speaks beautifully to the heart of a mother who is feeling as if she is in the pit because of what her child has done.  Only the Father can glue a mother's broken heart back together making it more loving and compassionate than it ever was before.  Only the Father can show the birthing and hope of His new creation in Christ through a parable of butterflies and caterpillars.  Not just stories that have somehow made their way to me, but solid, tangible living creatures in my own backyard.  He gives me reminders of this every day and calms my soul with lovely strokes of colorful flutterings.  When I see a butterfly it takes my breath away, it is such a reminder to me of what my child is "becoming" through this time of struggling in her cocoon (sin).  Only a loving, merciful Father would be kind enough to sustain me that way.  I pray that you also will allow Him to show you butterflies and that you would not focus on the worms!

~ Andrea Bain


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing a part of "you" with us. As someone once said, our stories are the best "bread" we can offer one another. Thanks for feeding us with authentic faith, hope, and love.

    "We...are being changed into his likeness from one degree of glory to another" (2 Corinthians 3:18)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea,
    I lift up your faith to the Lord. That he will continue to carry you and that you will continue to receive his peace. I call forth the powers of heaven to open up above you and your family. That the Spirit will pour forth like a great rain over the place that you find rest. In Jesus name I cast out the demons and the forces of darkness that assault your family. I cry forth for the power of healing and restoration to be released upon you and your loved ones. Be assured God is not deaf and he knows your struggles and pains. Your prayers are heard and cherished by your Father God. All prayers are answered. All the curses will be broken and all the lies dispelled. And goodness and mercy you shall know. In Jesus name - Amen.

    “B” is also for beautiful which is the spirit that you cast on your children. May they know that they are beautiful. Keep up your faith, it moves mountains and restores the world. God Bless

    ReplyDelete