Friday, December 12, 2008

Praise for the Small Things



    

Through Him, therefore, let us constantly and at all times offer up to God a sacrifice of praise, which is the fruit of lips that thankfully acknowledge and confess and glorify His name.
Hebrews 13:15 AMP

The world's greatest gift was delivered in a little package - a baby. God loves to use small things and improbably small situations to speak BIG.  He used David against Goliath and He often uses the situations we've almost taken for granted to make huge point. 
This week my son had basketball try-outs and I offered and he asked for prayer - at least 6 times.  It was when he asked if I could pray for him and his friend and then I turned to find them both down on bended knee...that I noticed His great power at work in the "small" moment.  When I got in the car this morning, wincing from stiffness in my body, this same "small" person put his hand on my shoulder and said, "LORD, please make mom's shoulder feel better. In Jesus' name, Amen" it was all I could do to see and drive at the same time, as tears of thankfulness and the realization of God's speaking BIG flooded in.

Please join me in making a different kind of Christmas list...a "Praise List" of God speaking in the small things. May the words of our testimony speak BIG and glorify His name! (Send your praise to gdhiggins@gvtc.com and I will gladly post it.) Merry Christmas!

Praise List for the Small Things That Speak BIG!
* Thank you LORD for showing me that my youngest child is already a BIG prayer warrior in Your kingdom. Gina Higgins
*Thank you LORD, that when I was discouraged this week, you sent the perfect antidote at the perfect time. Your love is humbling...and HUGE! Sonia Roper
*Thank you Lord for the small changes my husband made this week, that spoke HUGELY to my heart, without me even saying a word to him and instead bringing the issues to You. That's exciting! AB
*Thank you so much LORD for people, and friends that listen to Your Holy Spirit when you tell them to call and spend time with someone, like someone did for my daughter today.  It may seem like a small thing, but to those who are lonely and hurting it is HUGE!!! Andrea Baine

No comments:

Post a Comment