Thursday, January 15, 2009

Far from Perfection...Close to His Mercy












I've been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction 
that I had nowhere else to go.
Abraham Lincoln

Thank you Father that You let me fall...in front of You, in front of all.                                                         

Thank You Lord for leaving me there...when I was down and clothed in shame.  For it was there that I saw my brothers and sisters...and there that I felt their pain.                                                                               

Thank you Jesus that it was there you humbled me...Once again, I will never be the same. Your blood so close, it was on my hands. In my own deep wounds, I could feel Your pain.                                                 

Thank you Jesus that now I understand...that however far I fall, I cannot hide. For at the lowest, with the lowly, amongst the lost and hurting...You do reside.                                                                                     

Thank you Father that You allowed me to see...temptation and sin be not far from me.                               

Thank you Father that You have revealed...the pain and darkness I could not conceal.                             

Thank you Father that You have taught...that to think I'm so far removed from a sinner's walk, is to think more highly of myself, than I ought.                                                                                                          

Thank you Father for showing me...I am never so far from you as when I was sure, "It can't happen to me! For I've grasped so much infinite knowledge, my faith is strong, my reputation secure...my walk so close to perfection and my heart so close to pure!"                                                                                                 

Thank you Father that Your Word says...it's not the healthy that need a doctor, and it's the sick that You came to make well. Thank you Jesus that you have now blessed me...with a truer knowledge of where You dwell.                                                 

Thank you Jesus that now I see You...in eyes of blue, brown, green and hazel...in faces young and old, weathered and worn...in lives not pretty, not at all perfect; but lives broken, shattered and torn.        

Thank You Jesus for reminding me of who You are and why You came...So that in my need for Your mercy and forgiveness, around my story You could put the frame. A tale of blood, at my own hands, shed by Your Son to give me life...My hopeless state now cleansed by the power of redemption, thy "Crown of Glory" shining bright.

 For as high as the heavens are above the earth,  so great is his love for those who fear him; as far as the east is from the west so far has he removed our transgressions from us.                                 Psalm 103:11-12
Gina Higgins


1 comment:

  1. This photo is such a lovely visual picture of gracefulness.

    Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need. Hebrews 4:16

    Thank you Father that we may come BOLDLY before You... that You desire it so... that You offer freely to us (by the blood of Your Son) mercy, grace, beauty, lovingkindness, & help in our times of need. And thank you Father that BOLDLY (not ashamed, not embarrassed, not condemned) we may claim & receive all of Your goodness & promises in the name of Jesus, our Redeemer. Amen.

    ReplyDelete