Sunday, August 2, 2009

REACH OUT









I tell my sisters:
"Let us not love in words but let us love until it hurts. It hurt Jesus to love us: he died for us. And today it is your turn and my turn to love one another as Jesus loved us. Do not be afraid to say yes to Jesus."
Faithfulness to the little things will help us to grow in love. We have all been given a lighted lamp and it is for us to keep it burning.
We can keep it burning only if we keep on pouring oil inside.
That oil comes from our acts of love.
When someone tells me that the sisters have not started any big work, that they are quietly doing small things, I say that even if they helped one person, that was enough.
Jesus would have died for one person, for one sinner.
- Mother Teresa
(Thank you to Vicki Kelly for sending this in!)

No comments:

Post a Comment