Saturday, July 24, 2010

Give me a blank stare and I will fill your eyes with excitement. 
Give a drooping smile that proves so many reassuring lies,
And I will make it shine as bright and as clear as the stars above. 
Give me a clenched fist and I will open it to give and receive.
 Give me words that are full of pain and laced with brokenness                                                                and I will turn them into a song of joyful praise. 
Rejoice says the Lord, for all is in His hands.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pray that you have a sharp ear among all the distractions of this world,
So that you may hear the Lord’s voice clearly and not take your eyes off of Him,
For He is what is important. He is what matters. He is everything.
He is more than you petty wants of worldly things.
More than you could ever imagine.
So do well in giving Him proper focus and heeding his every word.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     Compassion is kneeling by a fallen brother or sister,  holding them close,                                                     and bringing them back to their feet.
Compassion is being loving, even to those you don’t think deserve it.
Compassion is seeing brokenness, pain, agony, in the hearts of those around you,
And sharing the truth of an everlasting love with those hearts.
How can we expect people to believe in the Lord when we,
His servants cannot even share a kind word to the downtrodden.
Believe me when I say, the Lord looks upon those with compassion and kindness in their heart with great favor,
In comparison to those who hold only bitterness and anger.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now you know that you are not perfect,
And you know that she is not perfect.
The question is, are you perfect for each other?
Now the only way you will find that one out is by asking questions, listening closely,
Having faith in Me, and honestly, just giving the chances that I provide, the best that you’ve got.
Hold nothing back.
Be patient.
Do not speak until I say speak.
Do not walk until I say walk.
Do not reach until I say reach.
Patience. For when you are on My time, you cannot fail.


By Justin Silcox 

No comments:

Post a Comment