Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Judgmental eyes. Persecuting hearts. Scathing tongues.
Who are you, you people that claim to be mine?
You lie and speak death over those who do not believe your deceit.
You cast them out of what you call My house, but I do not dwell there.
You mark them as outcasts when they are the ones that truly shine in My light.
These chosen people, the ones you call exiled will be My children and live in My blessing.
Their hearts will burn with Holy fire and it will spread over these lush fields and vineyards                        that you call My blessing,
And they will be no more.
These flames of My pure light will rise high above your plain four walls and convict and burn
The false prophets, murderers, liars, and guilty that you shelter.
The pure and righteous will stand and dance in my flames,
No longer restrained by the treacherous ones around them.
Chains broken. Blood cleaned. Scars wiped away with a flash of My light.
Nothing is beyond My power and grace.
Believe and live in My mercy, you follower of Christ.
But do not doubt the impending death that lies just beyond the thorns along your path.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Flames burn, waters rush, winds blow, I stand upon a strong foundation,
The strongest known. Lord it is You.
I look around and I see You everywhere, as Holy Fire burning my heart and igniting others around me.
As Living Water quenching my spirit and sustaining me along my path.
As a Whisper in a soft breeze forever leading me.
As the Holy Ground on which I stand.
You are in everything Lord.
Even though I may hide from You in the darkness, wishing that You not look upon my filth,
Your light will always find me.
Whether I sit, cloaked in sin.
Stand in rebellion.
Turn with shame.
You will always find me Lord and You will always seek me.
For I may be unclean, unfaithful, unhealed, unsure, or unknown.
I know that I am not unloved.
For Your love for me and Your people is never ending.
“Comfort, comfort My people, says your God. Speak tenderly to Jerusalem, and proclaim to her,
That her hard service has been completed, that her sin has been paid for”.
-Isaiah 40:1-2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Though we may hide in the shadows, cloaked in darkness, wallowing in sin.
The Lord is there.
No matter how far we push Him,
How far we run from Him,
Or how hard we fight Him, He will never leave our side.
He is desperately reaching out, pulling us towards Him, wishing that we would accept His embrace.
He will stand at our backs keeping the darkness at bay, shielding us from all that attacks and wished to devour.
Keep your faith in the Lord and your spirit held high,
For as long as our eyes are kept on His face, we are unbound by the chains of the world.
We stand before Him freed by grace, viewing the chaos at His back,
Knowing that He is what has delivered us.
Lord, we cry out to You, Thank You! Thank You my Merciful Lord!
May You be proud of what we do and will do in You.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take a look around and tell me what matters.
You see people and people, a crowd is gathering all around you.
You make one action to please them and make another to please Me.
But I am not pleased because you are sharing what should be Mine with them.
Do you care so much about what the people around you say and think that you change yourself,
Make decisions, take steps, and walk a path based on what they want?
Do you?
I am enraged when you do one thing in the dark and do another in the light.
Your heart is pure, clean, and white but your hands are covered in blood                                                   and your feet are black with filth.
Walk in My light, do as I do, follow My every step.
Do not stray, remember where your heart lies because it is with Me.
As the crowd roars and yells, turn your head and face Me.
They will pull the chains that hold your arms and legs, causing you to stumble and fall.
Rise up! Run towards Me! My arms are open in embrace.
They will pull you down again, and again, and again.
But as the chains cut into your wrists and blood trickles down your fingertips,                                           not a single drop will hit the floor.
I will reach My hand out and catch any that fall. I have bled in your place                                                     so that you would not have a debt to pay.
Look into My eyes, I love you. I want all of you.
So tear the chains apart, shatter and destroy them. They have no place on your body.
Follow My every step, walk as I walk, speak as I speak, soar in My radiance,
For I have died and risen just to set you free.
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.”
-Isaiah 40:31


  
By Justin Silcox 

No comments:

Post a Comment