Monday, July 5, 2010


My beautiful sisters, how you radiate the Lord’s light.
You are examples of His ever present love and nurture.
The things you do, the things you say, the things that you suffer through are so incredible.
May the Lord lift you up in all His glory.
Each and every one of you mothers, daughters, sisters, and friends.
I admire your resolve and strength.
To nurture when we need nurturing. To fight when we need protecting.
You build us up when we are down and leave a red imprint of your hand on our cheek,
When we need reality returned to our lives.
How I love all that you do.
May the Lord bless your every movement, your every step, your every word.
Because I know that I am blessed by you.
By your beauty, by your sweet words, by your strength, 
and by your wonderful grace in the face of the world.
“Who is this that appears like the dawn, fair as the moon, bright as the sun, 
majestic as the stars in procession?”
-Song of Songs 7:10

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Running hard, breathing heavily, I stumble through the brush, 
thorns tearing at my legs and arms.
Blood drips down my hand and falls from my fingertips.
I see Your white robes wave slightly as You disappear through the bushes ahead of me.
The things that pull and cut and hold me back are pushed aside by Your glory, 
not coming near You.
I inhale sharply and return to my pursuit of You.
Still I run, sprinting, being sustained by the glimpses of You that I see.

I run past scenes of an orphaned child being held tightly by a crying woman.
Your love flowing from her, blessing the now smiling child.
To the left I see a man in dirty clothes, sitting on the road begging people as they pass for coins,          food, and even work.
A man walking, shining in Your radiance, kneels by his side, lifts the beggar to his feet                            and takes him to your house.
Your love is shared as he is cared for by Your people.

Still running, I break through the brush and now I stand in a desert, the wind blowing at my face.
I see the back of Your head disappear over the next hill.
I smile and wipe the sweat from my brow and take off running after you,
For just because I wander through the wilderness, does not mean I am lost.

To the right I see a preacher leaning against a wall in a tight hallway, sobbing,
Completely unsure of what to tell the people that await him.
You’ve brought his wife home to be with You in Your palace.
He is broken and beginning to doubt.
A young girl stumbles into the hallway, seeing her father crying.
She hugs his side tightly telling him that she trusts in both of her fathers.
Your everlasting love is shining in her eyes and shared with her father.
Your glory reigns as he steps out of the hallway, facing the people.
He speaks of your word and your message with confidence and trust.

Still I run, seeking Your heart and face.
I am thirsty as I follow You through the desert.
As I come over the next hill, I see You sitting, waiting for me.
I kneel by Your side and You share Your living water with me and I am refreshed and sustained.
You stand and smile at me as You turn and continue walking swiftly deeper into the desert.
I breathe in and praise Your glorious name as I start running once more.

Before me I see a woman, sitting limply in a chair, the room dimly lit.
A needle lies on the table by her side.
She stares blankly into space, her breathing light.
A young man walks into the small house, late from work.
He sees his mother strung out, yet another broken promise.
Your power and might comes upon him, he is filled with a righteous anger,
The mark of Christ burning brightly on his forehead.
He knocks the needle and other objects from the small table with a swing of his hand.
He throws the table aside and picks up the half empty bottle of liquor by her leg,
He throws it against the wall, making it shatter, its contents spraying all over the floor.
His mother’s eyes are wide with shock as she stares at him.
He wipes the blood from her arm with a rag and he lays his hand upon her head and prays.
The filth inside her is burned away by Your might.
Her soul is cleansed and shrouded in Your light.
She looks up to you with pleading eyes, begging for forgiveness.
Her son turns as he sees shadows moving upon him and his mother.
He yells with power, Your great voice enveloping his and the demons are banished from his home.
Your love and glory flow through him into his mother,                                                                          saving her from the darkness inside her own heart.
Forever will I pursue Your face and seek Your heart Lord.
I may stand, clothed in rags, hungry, thirsty, and without shelter, but I am happy and content.
Protected and sustained by Your everlasting light.
I see You turn and face me, Your voice so full of love rings in my ears.
“what’re you standing around for? Come on and follow me”. You walk swiftly away.
I smile and sing praise as I run after You, forever running after You.

Karov Adonai le’nishberei lev v’et dakkei ruach yoshia
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.

-The Kingdom of Heaven reigns throughout the world.


Justin Silcox 


No comments:

Post a Comment