Tuesday, February 22, 2011

More grace...and more grace...and more grace.


But God's not finished. 
He's waiting around to be gracious to you. 
He's gathering strength to show mercy to you.
God takes the time to do everything right—everything. 
Those who wait around for him are the lucky ones.
Oh yes, people of Zion, citizens of Jerusalem, your time of tears is over. 
Cry for help and you'll find it's grace and more grace. 
The moment he hears, he'll answer.

Isaiah 30:18-19 (The Message)


It's rather amazing how much grace God gives.
 
A short story...

I had run out of grace; my reserves severely limited and lacking, due to what my own humanity could never supply.
However, in my weakness, He was strong.
He not only whispered to me I was to go and give, "more grace...and more grace...and more grace," He also poured it over me in the process -- so that I could give, so that I would understand why I must give.
And so there I sat. Stunned, blessed, surrounded and filled by what I felt so "undeserving of," and had withheld, for that very same reason. 

Grace is divine. 

We don't deserve it and we "cannot," of ourselves, produce it; but we can cry out to a God, who by nature, is "grace divine."
And when we do...we just might find grace comes like the rain, too bountiful to catch or contain, pouring down on us more...and more...and more.


"Hallelujah, grace like rain falls down on me,
Hallelujah, all my stains are washed away, washed away."
Todd Agnew, "Grace Like Rain"


He did this that He might clearly demonstrate through the ages to come the immeasurable (limitless, surpassing) riches of His free grace (His unmerited favor) in [His] kindness and goodness of heart toward us in Christ Jesus.

Ephesians 2:7 (Amplified Bible)

Gina Higgins

No comments:

Post a Comment