Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Cause to Celebrate



We are familiar with the old phrase from Daniel about "the writing on the wall." 
In the spirit of God's extravagant love, redeeming grace and resurrection power...I want to suggest we profess and acclaim the "new!"

That God has put a "new" kind of writing on the wall.

I saw it yesterday... and I saw it again, today.
As I looked over at three signs on the wall - with the words HOPE, FAITH and INSPIRE written on them - I saw a celebration!  Light from the window was shining through a prism and there were about 35 to 40 different dots showering the wall in a moving, colorful "rainbow" confetti of light!  It was as though God was saying:

Rejoice! My "light" and My "words of life" are great cause to celebrate! 

Heavenly Father, 
Though the Son often arrives unexpected...when we look for Him we will find Him... and when we invite Him in... He will fill the walls of our hearts with the promises of hope. And just like the prism, as we brilliantly reflect Him, our mourning will turn into dancing and joy will spring up in our heart. We will see the words of life and the promises "to give us a hope and a future" swirling around us, delighting to get our attention. 
Sweetly, You ask us for this dance...a dance of trust...and of comfort and assurance. As our steps follow Yours, we have that kind of "knowing" feeling inside that says to our hearts, "Truly, You have us," if ever we were to fall. 
And so, I can almost see You smiling and hear You saying, right after our twirl, "I think you just might be ready for the dip." 
Lead on...Awesome Savior...lead on.
In Jesus' Name,
Amen

Gina Higgins

No comments:

Post a Comment