Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Summertime Prayers



Heavenly Father,
Help me to shepherd the one's you've entrusted to me...not in perfection, but in humility,seeking Your wisdom and guidance each step of the way.
Help me be a good parent with a heart like Yours, LORD.
A heart that is gentle and kind, firm and loving; infinitely compassionate and quick to forgive.
Help me not to remember the times I've been hurt or to parent in response to how others may judge.
Show me every area in which my heart doesn't reflect yours and cleanse me of my secret faults.
May Your voice always be the One my children hear first and
the truth that echos last...far after my words have gone out, LORD, may Yours remain.
May I be the kind of parent they need...not the kind of parent they want.
And so... forever and content I remain, in Your shadow LORD, that they might know was in their life, but that You are their LIFE.
In Jesus' Name I Pray,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment