Saturday, July 3, 2010



You will come to a point in your walk when you will reach the end of yourself,
And must rely entirely on Me.
You may not have food, or water, or shelter.
But you will remain healthy.
You will not be hungry, for My word will be what sustains you.
You will not be thirsty, for My living water will quench your thirst.
You will not suffer the elements, for My love and My grace will be your foundation, your home.
Your worries will be nothing.
Your strengths will be nothing.
Your weaknesses will be nothing.
All that will matter is Me.
All the comfort that surrounds you will disappear before your very eyes.
At this time, your strength will fail you.
You will feel the weakest you have ever felt but also the strongest.
When this time comes, I will come upon you and my strength will keep you going.
My power will give you life, My breath will be the wind under your wings.
So fear not my son, this time will be a time of marvelous growth in Me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Though proud of our strength and faith in the Lord,
Humility must come upon us.
For each and every one of us that hears the Lord, sees the Lord, and stands in His Grace,
Once stood seemingly alone in a desert with nowhere to turn.
Before we were brought to His throne, we wandered searching for water to quench us,
And now when we have been blessed with Living Water,
Pride comes upon us and our sight is weakened and our hearing dulled.
So believe me my brothers and sisters,
I have known utter silence and sheer blindness,
It is not a place you wish to go.
So hear me, I say repent for your pride in yourself.
Give the glory to the Lord Almighty who delivered you from your darkest places.
When someone praises you for your works, shout It was not I! It was the Lord who has done this through me!
Praise Adonai, for He is good and gracious.
“When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom.”
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let your flame burn brightly for all the world to see.
Share the light of the Lord with all who will see.
Take your fire and let it shine in the places where only darkness dwells.
Let the eyes of the people be opened to see His wonderful grace.
For we are the Lord’s tools.
Let His power and might flow through our hands and onto those who need to be lifted up.
Take your brothers and sisters and walk along the dark broken road.
Do not walk past the wounded and down trodden.
But kneel at their side and speak the Lord’s words of life into them.
Bring them to their feet and share the Lord’s love and light with them,
So that they too may go along the road and do the Lord’s great work.
Prepare the hearts of the people so that when the Lord sees fit,
He will make His flame burn deep within them.
May the eyes and ears of the people be turned up to the heavens.
May the Lord’s work be done.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lord, I can feel Your all consuming fire burning all around me.
The air is hot and thick with Your might.
Before me is a raging inferno, Your sparks and flames dance before my shielded eyes.
I stand in Your midst, terrified but confident. Trembling but firm.
Lord I fear You, You are the only one that I fear.
The storm that is your flaming light rises into the sky, higher than I could possibly see.
You tower above me and I kneel, prostrate to Your glory.
Just when I think You will finally take me to your kingdom,
The air cools and a cold blue fire envelopes me and I am not burned,
But reassured of Your love and beautiful grace.
This once charred valley is now overflowing with Your beautiful creations, Your perfect artwork.
Flowers of every color, calm and crystalline streams, utter peace in this chaotic world.
A Dove flies above me as I lay my sword upon the soft, lush grass.
There you stand before me, burning in blue fire, too bright to see.
Your white robes flow gently in the wind.
I hear a whisper of a song float through the air, “Holy Holy Holy is the Lord God Almighty”.
I turn and look around me and I see Your people,
Your warriors, healers, prophets, preachers, musicians, artists, and writers.
All kneeling before Your majesty.
Lord I love you, let us serve Your kingdom for as long as You wish it.
“For I am the Lord your God, who churns up the sea so that it’s waves roar-
The Lord Almighty is His name.
I have put My words in your mouth and covered you with the shadow of my hand-
I who set the heavens in place, who laid the foundations of the earth,
And who say to Zion ‘you are My people’”.
-Isaiah 51:15-16
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I understand that I am broken. I am shattered.
I am a sheet of glass constantly breaking and rebuilding itself.
Trying to shield itself from the stones being throne.
Lord I am torn down by the smallest pebble when I walk alone, straying from Your path.
But when I lie in discipline and keep my eyes upon your face,
I am empowered. I am shielded. I cannot break, no matter what may bounce against me.
For You oh Lord are the strength I hold inside.
You are what gets me through each day. Whether it be painful or joyous.
Lord forgive me for all that I do, I strive to be better but I cannot without You.
I cannot heal alone. I cannot be strong alone. I cannot. I cannot without You.
Lord may my eyes forever be upon Your sweet grace.
May Your flame rise up inside me and burn for all eternity Lord.
May the deceit that lies on my lips, my own blood that coats my fingertips,
The darkness that surrounds me every step be wiped away with Your marvelous light.
For it is You Lord. It is all You.
The air I breathe and the water I drink.
It is all You.
“When the dove returned to him in the evening, there in its beak was a freshly plucked olive leaf! Then Noah knew that the water had receded from the earth.”

Justin Silcox


No comments:

Post a Comment